Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Love ME



I recently uploaded this photo as my desktop image. It makes me so happy every time I minimize all my windows and see it there. Maine. Summer. I imagine it looks so lovely, too lovely, that my coworkers walking by think it's one of those generic images automatically installed on your computer for people too lazy to truly personalize their desktops. But no, this is where we're getting married. Someplace this beautiful. Can you believe it?

j. has warned me that his family will make a big deal out of the engagement over Thanksgiving. Too bad I didn't have time to get a manicure. j.'s brother got in from San Francisco last night and kept us up until 3am. He made a lovely toast over dinner welcoming me to the family. I'd had enough to drink and not enough to eat and C. is charming enough that I literally got a little teared up. Three more days of that to look forward to = three days of confidence boosting. Everybody loves me! Everybody wants me to be a part of their family! I will try not to let it go to my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home