Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dress Shopping III: Nicole M.




So these are two of the four dresses from Nicole Miller that I tried on yesterday and loved. The other two are better, but not on the web site yet. The first one here was a shock to find that it even looked semi-decent on me. I think I've kept it in the running just for this reason, but it doesn't really feel like a wedding dress to me, not special enough, I guess. The second one has peach beading and a scalloped lace edge at the bottom, which was gorgeous, but again, not really my style. Of the other two not shown, one had an enormous princess skirt that sort of turned me off, but the sweetheart neckline worked on me and there was a long sash that was pretty awesome either wrapped around a bunch of times or worn long hanging down the back. And the organza was so light and fluffy, it was quite comfortable to wear. The sales people loved this on me and were very encouraging about it. But it was also the most expensive, so maybe that explains it. The fourth one is hard to explain, but it was more modern with a scrunched front and bows and an open back in the back.

I'm heading back to Adrienne's to compare the dress there with the Nicole dresses while they're still fresh in mind. I think I might end up just buying it. It's more right than the Nicole dresses.

I just want to go back to Nicole for the dressing room. The new store in Soho has a huge back room for the wedding dresses, private but big with a gorgeous mirror and screen to change behind. The sales woman let me put the dresses on myself and would just zipper me up afterwards. It seemed so much more humane.

And while we're on the subject, here's Sally in her wedding dress, which she designed herself. I love it on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home