Wednesday, November 30, 2005

School's Out for Winter

I finished my last packet of the semester for B'ton yesterday and feeling very much like I'm on vacation, despite having a few last things to finish up - namely not having any idea what story I'll send in for workshop. Regardless, I'm now reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaimon, which has nothing to do with school or work. And last night I made a to-do list for the wedding, which, I'll admit, had me a little freaked out. We have so much to do and will try to cram it into the end of December when j. gets out on break, too. The ideal time to deal with it would of course be early January, but I'll be at B'ton. As soon as I get back j. starts his semester again, so maybe I really will be doing it all on my own like I swore I wouldn't. It's a shame I'm not a better decision-maker then.

j.'s parents are in town tonight. they're taking us to Artisanal for fondue at 8 and j. doesn't get out of class until 7:30. He was worried about being late and I wasn't sure why he was stressing it so much. "You get there when you get there," I said. "It's not a big deal." He seemed to relax a little and I could see something dawning on him, his eyes sort of glazed over and a smile appeared. He put a hand on my shoulder. "I don't have to worry about you anymore, do I? You're fine on your own." Yes, j., I am fine hanging out with your parents on my own. I even went to a bizarre Christmas shop over Thanksgiving with just the women - j's mom, three cousins, and two aunts. And I drove. I feel 99% official.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home