Monday, December 12, 2005

Stupid EBay

j. and I went Christmas shopping in Park Slope on Saturday. We didn't find any presents for anyone, but we did find 85 antique postcards to use as our save-the-dates. That left us some forty-odd postcards short, but no matter, I happen to finally win an ebay bid I had in for 100 Maine postcards from the 1950s-1970s. j. and I spent at least an hour in that dusty shop sorting through hundreds of postcards for ones that were reminiscent of Maine and had no writing on the back. I was feeling a little ill and dehydrated afterwards, but I negotiated the lady down to charging us for 75 postcards instead of 85 - I can be a real hardass when I want to be - and we stopped for a beer afterwards, so all in all it was okay.

Then I get home to discover I'd won this ebay auction. I'd lost four already, how was it possible I'd finally won this one? So now we have tons to choose from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home