Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Girls, Girls, Girls

So are they actually going to do any competition on tonight's Next Top Model, or are they just going to yell at each other for the full hour? It's truly fascinating - in small doses. Why do girls have to suck so bad?

Which brings me to the subject of bridesmaids. I have made the controversial decision to only have one. Do I want to turn my wedding weekend into the Top Model house? That's not actually why I went with one and it's nice to knowthat girls tend to get so much more bearable the older we get. I'll have friends that will essentially act as bridesmaids to some extent, they just won't be standing up there next to me and I won't ask them to shell out hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a dress and shoes and all the rest. Having been a bridesmaid three times, while fun and exciting, I now realize what an enormous expense it can be. Plus, J. and I want to have a somewhat intimate wedding. It doesn't feel intimate to me to have fourteen people standing up there. How to keep the guest list intimate is a whole other topic I don't feel prepared to talk about and I'm not sure I ever will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait to see who the bridesmaid will be...me, Bree, Andrea or Bob.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home